All people living with HIV are included as part of vaccine rollout 'group 3' and are entitiled in early access to the vaccine. If haven’t already booked your COVID-19 vaccination, call 0800 28 29 26 and they will make the booking for you.
The COVID vaccines seem to be:
- very safe in people with HIV infection
- just as effective in people with HIV infection
Many countries have recommended that people with HIV infection should have high priority for getting vaccinated.
They have made this decsion because people living with HIV seem to be:
(1) a little more likely to get infected.
(2) a little more likely to need admission to hospital
(3) a little more likely to die of the illness
For more information visit: www.covid19.govt.nz